Mark Your Calendar for 2016 MFG Day
Friday October 7, Manufacturing Day 2016, is a BIG day and is just around the corner! Do you have a plan? We at FLATE and FloridaMakes do as we are excited to be planning for another BIG year of student tours to manufacturing facilities all across Florida. Why do we do this? To answer this question, it might be time to step back and reflect on what the “hype” is all about. For us at FLATE, it’s not necessarily about having the highest numbers of “events” in a state (although we love that when it happens and it has happened for the past three years!).
It’s really all about providing our students with rich and meaningful career exploration experiences. Manufacturing Day has also been a great way to bring national attention to the industry in our state that directly supports nearly 400,000 Floridians with high wage, high skill jobs and careers. It also has been a great way to bring parents and communities across Florida together to learn about the manufacturing industry and its huge impact on our state’s economy. In 2016, FLATE is happy to partner with FloridaMakes who will be helping with our statewide MFGDAY-FL coordination.
Made in Florida Student Industry Tours – 2016
Zoom in and hover over pushpins and click to see tour detail Loading map...
Resources for 2016 MFG Day/Month: How You Can Participate in #FLMFGMonth16
FLATE promotes the following “recipe” for successful “Made in Florida” student tours, and provides opportunities for everyone to support our students’ experiences in various ways:
- Manufacturers/MFG Companies can host student tours, provide pizza lunch and giveaways, provide job opportunities, and sponsor MFG DAY-FL T-shirts
- Schools and school districts can identify schools and programs, underwrite bus transportation and provide teacher substitutes
- Regional Manufacturers Associations & Other organizations can help identify manufacturing tour hosts, sponsor MFG-DAY T-shirts, help with government proclamations
- Get a local and/or Regional Proclamation for MFG DAY and/or MFG Month
- EVERYONE can promote MFG DAY in all media venues
- Teachers/Educators can provide manufacturing lessons before and after tours
- Download and Use the 2016 MFG Day Poster and MFG Day in Florida Logo
- FLATE helps to coordinate companies and schools, responds to inquirers, distributes, collects and analyzes student tour surveys; develops student t-shirt design and organizes shirt sponsors, posts news stories and events, posts tour host tips and provides one-on-one help for new company hosts (FLATE will provide surveys and summarize all state data)
MFG Day Contacts:
- Dr. Marilyn Barger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Danielly Orozco, email@example.com
- Janice Mukhia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Vocke (email@example.com), MFG Alliance of Hillsborough County
- Joyce Johannson (firstname.lastname@example.org), FloridaMakes
#FLMFGMonth16 News & Events
- Join forces with FLATE to Promote & Celebrate 2016 Manufacturing Day/Month
- Mark Your Calendar for 2016 Manufacturing Day in Florida!
- Make Florida #1 Again
- MFG Day Tours Spark Girls’ Interest and Raises Awareness about Manufacturing
- Live 2 Lead Tampa Bay – Leadership Development
- 5K Run (Walk/Paddle) MFG Education on October 22. Click here for more info and/or sign up