Advanced Manufacturing Summer Institute for ROBOTICS (June 13-15, 2016). This 2.5 day hands-on training workshop for educators includes:
- Hands-on sessions with a variety of robots
- Robots in industry (tours CAMLS http://www.camls-us.org/; Valpak and more)
- Using robots in STEM classrooms
- Lunch with robots, manufacturers & more
FLATE’S Annual “Summer Camp for Teachers” (June 22-24, 2016), is a hands-on, 3-day workshop designed to help educators fill their tool box with classroom-ready STEM curriculum and resources.
- Tour the TECO Power Plant and visit HCC Southshore’s LEED-certified campus for a “green” tour. Participate in energy-themed, hands-on activities using free, loanable, Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC) energy kits!
Lego® Mindstorms® Workshop & Curriculum Integration (July 7, 2016 – Intro Workshop, July 8 – Intermediate Workshop.
This hands-on training workshop will cover:
- LEGO® EV3 microprocessor
- Functional robots building instructions
- Programming with the EV3 software
- Programming with EV3 sensors and logic
- July 7 will include a session on NAO Robot programming
We are pleased that you are reviewing this educational resource. This website is intended to increase your student’s awareness and interests in the field of manufacturing and all the careers it represents. As Florida’s Advanced Technological Center, a National Science Foundation sponsored project, we are charged to focus on manufacturing education in our state. We welcome you to take advantage of our services and resources.
To find more about us, visit our website at www.FL-ATE.ORG
- Florida industry lesson plans
- Toothpick Factory
- Careers and career resources
- Starting Young – (Resources for K-8)
- Post secondary education pathways for manufacturing
- Best Practices for an Industry Tour
- Summer Robotic Camps
- Quick Facts on Florida Manufacturing
- More terrific resources
Career Academies: Your Path to a Great Future!
Students, exciting careers await you in two of the fasted-growing industries around: Florida’s International Trade & Logistics (FIT&L) and Advanced Manufacturing. Get started through your high school’s Career Academy today!
TRAIN IN SPAIN?
Iberian Partnership for Technician Excellence
FLATE took 8 Engineering Technology Students from 4 state/community colleges to the Basque Country of Spain for 3 weeks. Four faculty also went during the 3 week period. Students took a 3 credit hour alternative energy course from HCC. See the summary poster here.
We have prepared materials to help you bring modern manufacturing into your classroom:
FLATE has several resources available online at http://flate.pbwiki.com/ . Our online resources include educational modules, career and education planning activities and professional development. Each module or activity includes a lesson plan, handouts, and presentation materials (if applicable) and are based on real companies in Florida that are making really cool things.To access these online resources and expand your students’ awareness about the world of modern manufacturing, contact the FLATE Curriculum Coordinator at 813.259.6575 or email@example.com. All resources are FREE and available 24/7.
Community Colleges around Florida are now offering the new Engineering Technology degree program. This ET Degree covers core skills aligned with the national MSSC Production Technician Certification and advanced specializations designed for today’s high performance manufacturing
Looking for new ways to inspire your students? Go to TeachingTecnicians.org
Where can I find out more?